Here is a recap:
- We are awaiting disbursement of the MRS Foundation award pending agreement reviews from the Foundation & University of Texas. We are learning a lot about the grant proposal/award/administration process to apply for future fundraising opportunities!
- We are hoping to begin sending our first kits on dye-sensitized solar cells this fall. As soon as we have access to the funds we should be able to order the supplies and begin packaging and shipping the kits.
- The SciBridge project is growing and we need to appoint several central management positions, particularly in Fundraising, Social Media, and Experiment Kit Development. If you are interested, please e-mail Veronica (email@example.com).
- We discussed the need to keep SciBridge a distributed project with involvement from many institutions in the U.S. and Africa. Kelsey suggested that each campus could form their own SciBridge chapter in order to utilize local resources.
- Alula stressed the need for nanoscience experiment kits at his institution as well as Ethiopia in general. He also requested thorough background literature for the instructors as well as a live chat session on experiment tips and tricks. Nella will be the dye-sensitized solar cell experiment expert guide this fall.
We thank everyone for their participation and look forward to future meetings!